Sunday 18 August 2013

A Single Step: Paris 2013: Chatteau de Versailles

On my second day in France, I had the opportunity to visit the Chatteau de Versailles! Now I had heard a lot about Versailles, especially when I had been doing research on the French Revolution, which is why I had so many mixed feelings about it.
The Chatteau de Versailles is beautiful. The whole palace shines as the sunlight reflects on the gold. The gardens are never ending and the green of the grass is vibrant. The paintings on the ceilings, the sculptures and the architecture are all works of art. Every inch of the estate is breath-taking. However, when you look at the history of Versailles and of France, when you take into account the poverty and the conditions in which the People lived in at the time Versailles was at its best, you can't help but feel disgusted with it - no matter how beautiful it is.
Despite its history, Versailles does make for some stunning photos! Have a look at these and let me know what you think:






















Have you visited Versailles before? What were your thought and feelings on it?


No comments:

Post a Comment